Accounting MOVE Project
AFWA is a proud sponsor of the Accounting MOVE Project, an annual survey of leading Financial and Accounting Firms which provides:
- An Annual list of Best Accounting Firms for Women
- A review of the state of women in the accounting industry
- Tips for advancing your own career through the leadership pipeline
- Resources to establish women’s initiatives in your firm
2018 MOVE Project: Expanded Vision, Rising Results
Women’s initiatives led the way at many firms, opening discussions that are now expanding to include a wide range of considerations about inclusion, firm culture, and what it really means to be a ‘best place to work.’ The 2018 Accounting MOVE Project will explore how firms are digging deep to understand the underlying dynamics of lasting change for women, and the implications for defining and measuring success for all employees and the entire firm.
The annual survey is now open for participation by firms of all sizes. Click now for more information.
In addition to the annual MOVE Project Report, results from the survey will lead to the 2018 Best Firms for Women list. The deadline for joining the 2018 MOVE Project is December 22, 2017. For more information, contact Joanne Cleaver.
2017 MOVE Project: Pipeline to Finish Line
It’s time to move beyond the business case. The same old strategies aren’t turning into solutions. The Accounting MOVE Project has catalyzed fresh conversations; created common ground where firms can share what is working (and what isn’t); and has convened frank discussions about the underlying barrier to women’s advancement in the profession. With this report, the Accounting MOVE Project challenges the profession to commit to measurable action.
Your Firm will be challenged to:
- build transparent career paths that enable women to address work-life conflicts and find solutions.
- adopt best practices from firms that are leading the way toward gender equity in accounting leadership.
- implement firm wide measurements for advancing women in all practice areas in order to remain competitive.
MOVE Project Library
Sponsorship is one of the most powerful and overlooked, dynamics for propelling women through the talent pipeline. The 2016 Accounting MOVE Project Report, ‘Sponsorship: Stepping Up Success’ not only defines Executive Sponsorship vs Mentorship, but offers a template for how firms and women can amplify the effect of sponsorship.
Women comprise 23% of the partners and principals at the 49 firms that participated in this year’s MOVE Project.
Advancing women is a complex issue that evolves along with firm growth, personal goals, economic conditions and business opportunities. That means that there are plenty of opportunities for lightbulb moments, for women and men. The 2015 MOVE Project Report provides a string of lightbulb moments from leaders at top firms across the country. Find out the impact of these lightbulb moments and how you can discover your own.
- Lightbulb Moments that Show the Way: Insight into Action – Full Report
- WEBINAR: Top 10 Comebacks to Objections for Women’s Initiatives in CPA Firms. Watch Now.
- Lightbulb Moment Worksheet: how to come up with your own lightbulb moment
- Public Accounting Report (May 2015) ‘Advancing Women Dominates Today’s Business News; Affects Clients and Firms.’ – MOVE Report Summary
- Women’s Development IS Business Development: The business case for advancing women in public accounting
- Architects for Advancement: The consultants and coaches who drive measurable change for women at Public Accounting firms
The 2014 MOVE Report focuses on the Return on Investment of women’s initiatives within Firms. The report shows how firms calculate return for investing in leadership-track women; return on internships; and return on influence of women partners and principals.
From the MOVE Project
Individuals and organizations realize that the business world is hungry for examples of how to better advance women. MOVE firms have been ‘showing their work’ for years.
The cracks in the CPA profession’s glass ceiling are more than stress fractures: resistance is cracking at the highest levels. Women now comprise 24% of management in CPA Firms.
The MOVE Project is the accounting profession’s only annual benchmark of the status of women in the leadership pipeline. 2017 Best CPA Firms for Women.
About the MOVE Project
The Accounting MOVE Project is an annual survey of leading Financial and Accounting Firms to determine the state of women in the industry. The Accounting MOVE Project is based on the MOVE methodology, developed by research partner Wilson-Taylor Associates, Inc., which investigates the factors proven to be essential to women’s career success:
M – Money: fair pay practices;
O – Opportunity: advancement and leadership development;
V – Vital supports: work-life programs that remove barriers; and
E – Entrepreneurship: operating experience for managing or business ownership