AFWA provides professional affiliation with a network of successful, motivated, and influential professionals who understand the unique position of being a woman in the industry and who, together, contribute to the future development of their profession. Beyond this prestigious status, AFWA members enjoy a variety of benefits provided by the national organization, local Chapters, and our partners.
Conferences & Events: AFWA hosts a number of conferences throughout the year, including various spring conferences and seminars hosted by local chapters, and National Conference held in the fall. In addition to networking and leadership development, these conferences offer CPE credit for attendees (up to 24 hours at the National conference!). AFWA members can attend all conferences at a discounted rate.
Social Networks: AFWA Members connect on a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Members also have access to an exclusive LinkedIn Online Member Exchange to share ideas and seek support.
Access to Member-Only Site: Our member site offers resources and materials to help AFWA members develop their local chapters and make the most of their membership experience.
Publications: Your AFWA membership includes a subscription to weekly, monthly, and quarterly AFWA publications.
Scholarship: Between July 2015 and June 2016, The Foundation of AFWA awarded over $30,000 in cash scholarships, review courses, and certification awards, to benefit those working to advance their education in accounting and finance. Many of these scholarships were awarded exclusively to AFWA Members. >> Learn more about Foundation of AFWA Scholarships
Career Center: The AFWA Career Center provides helpful career resources, and connects employers with professionals like you. >> Visit the AFWA Career Center
Volunteering: AFWA is proud to build leaders. We encourage all members to volunteer with their local Chapters, and to consider advancement to a National Volunteer roll. AFWA offers National Committees, Chapter Advocates, Foundation Board, and National Board positions.
Along with our Corporate Partners and Alliance and Affinity Partners, AFWA offers numerous discounts on products, services, and memberships, exclusively to our members.
Education: Columbia Southern University: 10% discount on tuition
Review Courses: Wiley CPAexcel offers a 10% discount on CPA review courses for AFWA Members, and a 20% discount for Student Members
- CCH offers 40% off select Books of the Month and 25% off any other CCH® Publication
- AFWA members save between 5-25% off Thomson Reuters Quickfinder Handbooks
Payroll/HR Services: Ceridian offers a 10% discount on payroll and HR services
Association Memberships: Earn discounts on memberships to other industry organizations such as ALPFA and IMA.
Relationships Worth Counting On
- 70+ local chapters across the country and an even greater network of virtual members
- Community on all the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- A National Conference brings together hundreds of accounting and finance professionals from across the country each fall
- A membership directory connecting you to everyone you’ve met – and hope to meet – through AFWA
Investment In Your Potential
258 hours of CPE offered in 2017 through local Chapter events, national webinars, and the AFWA Women Who Count National Conference
- National webinar series includes interviews with accounting and finance professionals, personal development through the Savvy Series, and membership discussions on Chapter growth and development
Corporate partners such as Wiley CPAexcel offer resources and discounts to AFWA members
- Scholarships offered to AFWA members pursuing CPA and other credentials
- Volunteer roles at local and national levels build leadership skills and develop confidence
AFWA has allowed me to learn leadership skills, improve team interaction, and over all develop great friendships that have helped me thoughout my career. I got my first job in public accounting through my AFWA connections!
AFWA has given me a wonderful network of professional women who all encourage and inspire me.
I love being with all of the women from AFWA. The learning and education, but also the camaraderie that each of us gives to another. We can offer a lot of support to each other. As a business owner, I don’t feel so alone and I can actually talk with someone about what I do and they actually get it.