The mission of The Foundation is to promote and advance education, career development and leadership in finance and accounting, with the goal of guiding women to achieve success in their careers. We believe that to decrease barriers for women in the accounting and financial profession, education and access to career development resources are essential. The Foundation aims to ensure women will have the tools and resources to achieve every career success they desire.
Share The Foundation of AFWA Scholarship opportunities on your campus >> download scholarship flyer
The following scholarships are open to the public. Although membership in AFWA is not required, an endorsement by a member or Chapter of AFWA may increase chances of earning a scholarship (download endorsement form)
- Undergraduate Scholarships – download application: To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
- Master’s Scholarships – download application: For those attending an accredited College or University enrolled in a master’s program, and is pursuing an accounting or finance degree. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
AFWA MEMBERS ONLY SCHOLARSHIPS
- Mary Feeney Bonowitz PhD Scholarship – download application:To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
- Certification Review Course Scholarships – Download Application: To provide registration certification review courses offered by AFWA’s partners Wiley and Surgent. Available review courses include:
- Surgent CPA, EA, CMA, CIA, CISA Exam Prep
- Disaster Relief Dues Reimbursement – Download Application: To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National and Chapter Membership Dues who have experienced personal hardship due to a Natural Disaster in their home town (ex. hurricanes, wild fires, tornadoes).
- National Dues Reimbursement for Unemployed Members – Download Application: To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National Membership Dues who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal.
- Applicants must have been a member of AFWA for a minimum of five consecutive years and actively involved with either local or national leadership
Click here to submit your scholarship application online.
or submit applications to foundation@AFWA.org
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Each year a few outstanding scholars are selected from our Undergraduate and Masters scholarship applicants to receive the prestigious Paula Zanni Award
AFWA MEMBERS ONLY SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Certification: To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any one of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA; candidates are those who have recently passed all parts of the exam.