The mission of The Foundation is to promote and advance education, career development and leadership in finance and accounting, with the goal of guiding women to achieve success in their careers. We believe that to decrease barriers for women in the accounting and financial profession, education and access to career development resources are essential. The Foundation aims to ensure women will have the tools and resources to achieve every career success they desire.
AFWA MEMBERS ONLY SCHOLARSHIPS
- Certification: To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any one of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA; candidates are those who have recently passed all parts of the exam Download Application // Due November 1, 2017
- Wiley CPAexcel/CMA Review: To provide registration for a CPAexcel, CMA, or CIA Review Course. Download Application // Due November 1, 2017
- National Dues Reimbursement for Unemployed Members – To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National Membership Dues who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal.
- Applicants must have been a member of AFWA for a minimum of five consecutive years and actively involved with either local or national leadership
- Download the Unemployed Member Scholarship Application
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SCHOLARSHIPS:
The following scholarships are open to the public. Although membership in AFWA is not required, an endorsement by a member or Chapter of AFWA may increase chances of earning a scholarship.
- Undergraduate Scholarships: To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications open each Spring)
- Master’s Scholarships: For those attending an accredited College or University enrolled in a master’s program, and is pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications open each Spring)
- Diversity Undergraduate Scholarship: Sponsored by Ledgent – To support the costs of a Minority Student attending 3rd, 4th or 5th year towards an accounting or finance degree. (Application opens annually each Fall)
- Each year a few outstanding scholars are selected from our Undergraduate and Masters scholarship applicants to receive the prestigious Paula Zanni Award
AFWA MEMBERS ONLY SCHOLARSHIPS:
- PhD Scholarship: To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting. (Applications open each Spring)