Women Who Count Awards
2018 Nominations are Now Open!
AFWA’s members are a reflection of our values – empowerment, leadership, integrity, and passion. Each year the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance proudly recognizes outstanding women who exemplify these values in career and life, setting a positive example for other women in the industry.
Winners of the 2018 Women Who Count Award will be recognized during the annual Awards Lunch at the AFWA Women Who Count National Conference.
- Criteria for each award includes demonstration of AFWA’s values:
- Empowerment: applicant demonstrates a drive to take on challenges, strives for success in her current position, and possesses a desire for career advancement.
- Leadership: applicant demonstrates leadership qualities in her career and her community.
- Integrity: applicant values quality and has earned the trust and respect of her clients and/or peers.
- Passion: applicant demonstrates enthusiasm toward her career and the accounting and finance industry as a whole
- All nominees must be active members of AFWA.
- Applicants may be nominated by a colleague, AFWA Chapter, or self-nominated. Applicants may be nominated by non-AFWA members
- Currently serving AFWA National and Foundation Board Members are not eligible for the Women Who Count Awards
Categories and Applications
- Emerging Leader: an AFWA member, age 35 and under, who demonstrate early achievement and shows great potential in her professional career. Download Application.
- Public Practice Professional: an AFWA member working in accounting or finance public practice who demonstrates the values of AFWA in her career. Download Application.
- Industry Professional: an AFWA member working in an industry or corporate environment who demonstrates the values of AFWA in her career. Download Application.
- Small Business: an AFWA member working as a sole proprietor or small business owner who demonstrates the values of AFWA in her business. Download Application.
- Woman of the Year: an AFWA member of extraordinary achievement at integrating work and life, overcoming obstacles, or supporting other women in the field. Different criteria applies, see application. Download Application.
All nominations should be submitted to email@example.com by August 31, 2018