“We learn by pushing ourselves and finding what really lies at the outer reaches of our abilities.”
The mission of the Foundation is to promote and advance education, career development and leadership in finance and accounting, with the goal of guiding women to achieve success in their careers. We believe that to decrease barriers for women in the accounting and financial profession, education and access to career development resources are essential. The Foundation aims to ensure women will have the tools and resources to achieve every career success they desire.
CERTIFICATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR AFWA MEMBERS. For those taking the CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA. Applications due April 1, 2015.
- AFWA Members, login to the AFWA Member Login and visit Member Resources to download the application.
UNDERGRADUATE AND MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE STUDENTS. Applications due April 1, 2015.
Many local Chapters of AFWA offer their own scholarship programs. When available, information on these programs will be listed here. Or, contact your local Chapter at any time for more information.
- Louisville, KY Chapter: for a part-time or full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or finance or an equivalent designated post-baccalaureate certificate of accounting or finance. Applications due March 20, 2015.
- Silicon Valley Chapter: a part-time or full time student pursuing an associate’s, bachelors or master’s degree in accounting, finance, or tax. Applications must be postmarked by March 16, 2015.
Foundation of AFWA Scholarships:
Check back year round for more information on all scholarships offered by The Foundation.
Finance and Accounting Scholarships: The undergraduate and master’s scholarships are open to the public.
- Undergraduate Scholarships – To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications accepted annually in the Spring)
- Including the Paula Zanni Award, presented annually to one outstanding undergraduate scholar.
- Master’s Scholarships – For those attending an accredited College or University enrolled in a master’s program, and is pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications accepted annually in the Spring)
- Diversity Scholarship – To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. Applicant must be enrolled or a direct descendant of an enrolled member in a Federal or State recognized tribe. (Applications accepted annually in the Fall)
AFWA Member Scholarships: Applicants must be a current member of AFWA to be considered. To apply, log into the AFWA Member site and find current applications in the Member Resources section. Or, contact your chapter scholarship chair or president for more information. Visit our Chapter Directory now.
- Certification – To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any one of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA. (Applications accepted annually in the Spring)
- CPAexcel Review – To provide registration for a CPAexcel CPA Review Course (Applications accepted annually in the Fall)
- PhD Scholarship – To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting.
Congratulations to the Foundation’s 2014 Scholarship Recipients! View 2014 recipients here
Special thanks to our Partners for their support of the following scholarships.
||CPA Review Scholarship