“We learn by pushing ourselves and finding what really lies at the outer reaches of our abilities.”
The mission of the Foundation is to promote and advance education, career development and leadership in finance and accounting, with the goal of guiding women to achieve success in their careers. We believe that to decrease barriers for women in the accounting and financial profession, education and access to career development resources are essential. The Foundation aims to ensure women will have the tools and resources to achieve every career success they desire.
The Foundation of AFWA has opened applications for it’s ’16-’17 accounting and finance scholarship season.
We are now accepting finance and accounting scholarship applications for undergraduate and masters students. Students do not need to be a member of AFWA or affiliated with a local chapter. However, an endorsement by a Chapter or Member of AFWA may increase your chances of earning a scholarship from the Foundation. Click now to download the Scholarship Applicant Endorsement Form.
- Undergraduate Scholarships – To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications due April 1, 2016)
- Masters Scholarships – For those attending an accredited College or University enrolled in a master’s program, and is pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications due April 1, 2016)
AFWA MEMBER SCHOLARSHIPS NOW OPEN
- PhD Scholarship – To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting. AFWA Members Only. (applications due April 1, 2016). Login to the Members Portal to access the application from Member Resources.
- NEW: National Dues Reimbursement for Unemployed Members – To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National Membership Dues who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal.
Other Foundation of AFWA Scholarships:
Check back year round for more information on all finance and accounting scholarships offered by The Foundation.
Finance and Accounting Scholarships: The undergraduate and master’s scholarships are open to the public.
- Each year, a few outstanding scholars are selected from our Undergraduate and Masters scholarship applicants to receive the prestigious Paula Zanni Award.
- Diversity Undergraduate Scholarship: Sponsored by Ledgent – To support the costs of a Minority Student attending 3rd, 4th or 5th year towards an accounting or finance degree. (applications accepted annually each Fall)
AFWA Member Scholarships: Applicants must be a current member of AFWA to be considered.
- Certification – To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any one of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA. Candidates are those who have passed all parts of the exam during the 24 months prior to October 1, 2015 and are eligible for certification.
- CPAexcel Review – To provide registration for a CPAexcel CPA Review Course.
Congratulations to the Foundation’s 2015 recipients of Scholarships for accounting students! View 2015 recipients here
Special thanks to our Partners for their support of the following scholarships.
CPA Review Scholarship