“We learn by pushing ourselves and finding what really lies at the outer reaches of our abilities.”
The mission of the Foundation is to promote and advance education, career development and leadership in finance and accounting, with the goal of guiding women to achieve success in their careers. We believe that to decrease barriers for women in the accounting and financial profession, education and access to career development resources are essential. The Foundation aims to ensure women will have the tools and resources to achieve every career success they desire.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SCHOLARSHIPS: These undergraduate and master’s scholarships are open to the public. Although membership in AFWA is not required, an endorsement by a member or Chapter of AFWA may increase chances of earning a scholarship. Download the AFWA Endorsement form to submit with your application.
- Undergraduate Scholarships – To support the costs of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications due April 1, 2017) Download the Application
- Masters Scholarships – For those attending an accredited College or University enrolled in a master’s program, and is pursuing an accounting or finance degree. (Applications due April 1, 2016) Download the Application
- Diversity Undergraduate Scholarship: Sponsored by Ledgent – To support the costs of a Minority Student attending 3rd, 4th or 5th year towards an accounting or finance degree. (applications due November 1, 2016) Download the Application
AFWA MEMBERS ONLY
- Certification – To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any one of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA. Candidates are those who have passed all parts of the exam during the 24 months prior to November 1, 2016 and are eligible for certification. (Applications due November 1, 2016). Download the application.
- Wiley CPAexcel/CMA Review – To provide registration for a CPAexcel/CMA Review Course. (Applications due November 1, 2016). Download the application.
- PhD Scholarship – To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting. AFWA Members Only. (Applications due April 1, 2017) Download the application.
- National Dues Reimbursement for Unemployed Members – To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National Membership Dues who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal.
Other Foundation of AFWA Scholarships:
Check back year round for more information on all finance and accounting scholarships offered by The Foundation.
Finance and Accounting Scholarships: The undergraduate and master’s scholarships are open to the public.
- Each year, a few outstanding scholars are selected from our Undergraduate and Masters scholarship applicants to receive the prestigious Paula Zanni Award.
Congratulations to the Foundation’s 2016 recipients of Scholarships for accounting students! View 2016 recipients here
Special thanks to our Partners for their support of the following scholarships.
CPA Review Scholarship